? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, October 2, 2009

Fashion Show for One

You know what I'm talking about.


When you're feeling particularly slim (or particularly masochistic), you drag out all the clothes that you haven't worn in a while (or couldn't wear before) and you shake, shimmy, and squeeze into them, then parade yourself in front of your mirror, wearing mismatched outfits, sometimes only a top or only a bottom.

You tug. Pull. Cinch. Appraise.

Is this half a centimeter bigger than it was when I wore it last time? Is that because it got stretched out in the washing machine?

Did this fit this snugly last year? How the hell did I wear that in public? Oh, right, I wore a cardigan over it every time I wore it. No one needs to see the Michelin man living on my back. Guess we'll be continuing that tradition for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, you know.

I am putting a pair of pants into rotation this weekend that I bought during my trip home last Christmas. They were a little too small for public consumption when I bought them, but they're ok, now. (YAY!)

Today, I went prowling on the Lands' End website (they will ship to Japan! nowhere else, but Japan is ok.... ?!?!). Truth be told, I'm looking for something akin to a school uniform... both for Halloween and for the next fan club event that GACKT will be holding.

In the column of "the weird way that my body insists on losing weight" - my waist measures a women's (plus) size 18. My hips, however, measure out to be a 26. Thank you, proportions. You rock. So, I'm going to order a 22 and just.... hope for the best.

At any rate, I feel at least moderately successful in my one-woman fashion show - having discovered a pair of formerly un-wearable pants in the depths!!

This weekend is a weekend away. Here's hoping I keep myself in check.

(130.0kg, 286.6lbs - yes, another 3.5 pounds gone)

4 comments:

Tashtego said...

Congrats on the reclaimed pants - that is a SUCCESS you can be proud of. Keep it up - great to "see you" online today :)

Ruby N. Esque said...

AH HAHAHAHA! I was totally thinking of that yesterday. On Wednesday I tried on a shirt in preparation for my job interview. Fits, needs no ironing. Perfect (it was a wrap shirt).

Then, Thursday - less than 12 hours later, same shirt. I had to stuff my sleeves into it like trying to put a summer sausage into a hot dog skin. How in the hell does that happen? WTF?!!!

Congrats for fitting into pants :) That is such an awesome feeling!!

<3 Ruby

neimanmarxist said...

nice work angela!!! keep it up, you can do it. your last couple of entries were super awesome, too :) you really do have a gift for writing. go go go!!!!

Debu-chan said...

Thanks so much, gals!

nm, nice to see you again! It means a lot to me that you like my writing style... anyone at the level of academia you're in who thinks I'm a good writer can make me feel super-awesome. :D