? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, January 29, 2010

I am the Tortoise, Coo Coo Cachoo?

I've seen the line in a few sigs on weight loss boards:

"If weight loss is a race, I want to be the tortoise."

It's a good motto. Much better than "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels," or, spare me, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!" Those gems sound like thinly (oh, the pun!) veiled eating disorders, to me.

But the tortoise... I can handle being the tortoise.

An update from my post yesterday - I followed through.

I weighed myself this morning (I was up just over 3 pounds... which is WAY better than I expected).

I did not clean anything last night, I got home and just collapsed from exhaustion (Thursday is a 14-hour day for me), but I did get up this morning and take care of a little cleaning. Did some dishes, some general picking up of the living room... hopefully I can manage some laundry and more dishes tonight before I go to bed.

I logged everything I ate yesterday and have logged everything I've eaten today so far.

One day at a time.

Slow and steady wins the race.

And one last truth from Winnie the Pooh, via Pooh's Little Instruction Book:

"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."

1 comments:

Ruby N. Esque said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
I think I just spent 20 minutes trying to comment, and when I previewed it the window closed and goodbye comment. The irony.

Funny you should mention the resolutionaskateers. I have been attending Zumba since November. The class hovered around 30-40 people but grew steadily 3-5 people each class. All of a sudden in January it jumped up to 50-60 people. The class had to be split into two. The first week the class was split into two, there were 90 people total. It was staggering the number of Zumbatians in the audience. And then, the following week, down to 70. I'm sure this week it will be even smaller. See you later suckers.

I have been going to Zumba religiously since November, trying to keep the frequency at 2-3 times per week. (I joke religiously because one of the classes Zumba floor includes an altar and a picture of Jesus.)

I think there is something life-sucking about January and/or the start of a new year that brings complacency upon us. I can feel this creeping up on me too. I forced myself to go to Zumba last night and I will go again on Thursday. Changing finances have impacted the amount of times I can go each week, but nevertheless I have this feeling that I just won't feel like it and I can always go later. I know 2 consecutive weeks of that will be the end of my exercising.

At the beginning of January, I weighed 173. At the beginning of February, I weigh 173. That is with exercise 1-3 times a week, no real soda, no junk, limited intake -- I didn't even have cake for my birthday.
173. 173. 173 and no loss make Ruby a dull girl.

I only work 1-2 days a week now, so I'm sure my intake has been steadily increasing. I am hoping that changes soon. I can't afford to go as often to Zumba because of the work situation, and I think the stress from needing money contributes to my GLAC syndrome (Graze Like A Cow).

I wish you continued luck. I am stuck at 173 but at least cognizant of my tendency towards complacency. Maybe by the end of January I will be down to 170. And pigs will fly. If you need me, I will be chillin' with Jesus at Zumba.